0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Rasvidi
Steward

Honor: Advanced RPer
Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: New Government   Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 am

Okay, this thread is for discussing exactly what the new government should consist of, including rough drafts for constitutions, government titles/positions, etc.

I think the government should be headed by a Chancellor and his Ministers. The Chancellor is an elected office, and the Ministers will be elected with staggered terms. The Chancellor also designates a Vice-Chancellor to replace him in case he becomes inactive or otherwise unfit for duty. Vice-Chancellor is merely a title without any weight in the government (unless the Chancellor is unfit for duty), and as such a Minister can also be named Vice-Chancellor. If the region becomes larger, maybe we can add more Chancellors to limit the concentration of power.

Currently I am calling myself the Provisional Leader, with "Stewards" filling in the position that would eventually go to a Minister. This is to emphasize that this is a temporary government until we agree what to do.

As for constitution, I think we should limit it to things like setting term limits, limiting power of the moderators and government officials, and outlining conduct for resolving conflicts. It should also detail the positions of government and their powers. Modifying it should require approval from both half plus one of the government, and two-thirds of the population (including government officials).

Current government is as follows:
1. Rasvidi - Provisional Leader
2. Oscalantine - Steward of Culture
3. Rasvidi - Steward of Cartography
4. Edo Edi Essum - Steward
5. Donkholme - Steward

Stewards also function as the admins on the forum. I think this would work, because it gives some legitimacy to the regional government. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Rasvidi on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tiberiam.fullboards.com
New Donkholme
Founder

Honor: Casual RPer
Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Ras. Thanks for making yourself leader. That's really fair.
I know I'm not much more than a 'chime-in' every now and then, but I do believe I have some sort of seniority.
How about this: The Provisional Government is a board of equals.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Sorry, I thought we had picked a leader earlier. My apologies.

Okay I'll remove myself from the position. Now we're all equals. btw, all the stewards have admin panel access.
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:44 am

Erm...

We DID pick earlier that Rasvidi was going to be our leadership. Or so I have recall... maybe my memory was jumbled as everyone else's is....

either way, we did not OFFICIALLY talk about a government in Tiberiam. It is a good time to discuss it. However, my position of SoC (now Steward of Culture ^^) prevents me from discussing about the government (giving myself even more power isn't within anyone's best interest...)...

So we are going to have a single leader system instead of tri-leadership system? That seems like something that we should do, now that our population is relatively small. As for Provisional Leader... how about we not only give him administrative privilege (as a moderator, not as an admin... unless a said person IS an admin...) as well as a responsibility to recruit people? Provisional Leader goes around the feeder regions and recruit members for Roleplay or just to be in the region in general.

For WA delegate... we should have another office for the job... maybe Steward of House or some odd title like that. It will be his/her job to keep up with Census of the region and kick out inactive members. He/she will also be responsible for keeping up with non-RP related questions, and directing RP related questions to SoC.

I personally don't like... three offices of chancellors. That was sort of an overkill to a small region. What we need is a dedicated recruitment leader, a dedicated census taker, and mods to keep the region safe. If we can concentrate all our endorsement to one person, we can have a region safe from invasions and what-not. Both will be elected offices, and while they do not come with admin privileges, they become mods of the regional forum, and they will be elected officials.

And as for SoC... well, as soon as I am done setting up the office, it can be elected position. I just want to have it so that good Roleplayers who have proven their abilities to be a candidate. They can be the candidates for the office... and not just random Joe.

How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:50 am

I believe we should have 3 chancellors.

Chancellor for Culture
Chancellor for WA
Chancellor for Government

In that we, we can define their powers, duties and responsibilities. And we can really have a real election.

I love Democracy!

Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 am

Well....

It seems nice on paper, but what will the power of Chancellor of WA be? I mean... it isn't like we have a debate team formed to storm through NS forums to push for another WA legislature being set or whatnot. Most Tiberiam folks don't care about WA enough... (I remember that Isis tried to make a collective decision so that every WA member will vote for one decision or something... but it never worked)

I assume that CoG (O.o... maybe it should stay CfG) , or Chancellor of Government, will be census takers as well as Tiberiam regional helper. And I assume that CoC or CfC will be SoC but name swapped.

T^T but I have to say that CoC or CfC will cause problems. I already have hard time rewriting all the laws so that the word "Secretary" is now "Steward." You people don't know how much work it takes to make rules and only to have to re-write or edit a good rule JUST BECAUSE we swapped the names around.
Back to top Go down
New Donkholme
Founder

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm

I have reviewed the threads regarding any provisional/interim government.
We "did" pick Ras as "our leader" HOWEVER, I do not think his position should be of any more value than the other three. He should just promote effective discussion and such.

When we started Tiberiam ('we' being NX, Grace, and I), we chose the 3 chancellor system to be a balance- a check of powers. No one Leader would be able to decide anything alone.
This is my position when it comes to the new government (Both interim and future).
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I'll add a poll to this to see what the prevailing opinions are about the number of leaders.

I am of the view that we should start out with one, then work our way up to three as we get more users. At the very most, two if we start off. Actually, now that I think of it, I think we should work our way up to five total leaders.

We could do it based on population of active users. Right now, that population is precipitously low, about 6 users. Of that 6, 4 are currently in the provisional government. I don't think it would make sense to have half the active population in a leadership role. I would say, we have one leader, then when we have maybe 15 active members we can have two leaders, then when we have 25, three leaders, 30 four leaders, and finally 35 five leaders.

After we get the maps all claimed (KingIsaac and Blue Cromwell still need to pick), and we have a functioning government set up, we start an aggressive recruitment campaign to get as many users into the region as possible.
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward

Honor: Honorary RPer
Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 pm

KingIsaac wrote:
I believe we should have 3 chancellors.

Chancellor for Culture
Chancellor for WA
Chancellor for Government

In that we, we can define their powers, duties and responsibilities. And we can really have a real election.

I love Democracy!
The WA is a waste of time. Besides that, it's all good. Two leaders: one for the RP (Osc), one for other stuff (Censi, recruiting, questioning Osc's unbridled power).
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com/
Lenyo
Steward

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Also, can we not call positions Stewards? This isn't Victorian England. Anything but the word Steward.

From each according to their ability, to each according to their need
Workers of the World, Unite!
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Civa-Orchestra
Duckspeaker

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:20 pm

We could always call the position "Our Glorious Supreme Leader".
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Steward is a temporary title, I used it because we are basically just keeping the seats warm until we get a real government up and running. Steward is a title used for people who would sit on the throne in the place of the King while the King was traveling or ill or what have you.

We'll decide as a group what to call the new position(s).

Also, how about instead of Chancellor for WA, we have a Chancellor for Accountability or something like that to make sure the other chancellors aren't abusing their power?

The United People's Republics of Rasvidi
Chairman Juri Nikonov
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
New Donkholme
Founder

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Is this poll for the interim gov't or the future?
I'm also thinking we should split the thread- one for interim gov't disc, and other for future gov't.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:15 pm

For the future, the interim government is basically just the admins right now, so there wouldn't be too much to discuss.

If we want to assign duties to the current admins, I'm cool with that. Osc is already covering RP stuff, I'm on Cartography, which leaves Donk and Edes. What do you guys want to do? I suggest someone focuses on recruitment.

Chairman Juri Nikonov
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Civa-Orchestra wrote:
We could always call the position "Our Glorious Supreme Leader".
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 pm

^^;...

Guys, I don't care whether it is temporary or not, Steward of Culture will KEEP its damn name... I don't want to re-do my already re-done rules... you guys are making this so hard on me T^T

Did you guys see my proposition? One position for recruiting and outside affairs (like setting up embassies), and one for taking census and kicking off inactive members, as well as being the WA representative. They both will have moderating privilege in the forum (although not admin), and they will both be given the ability to propose new projects in Tiberiam.
Back to top Go down
KingIsaac
Handshaker

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:19 am

Well, the Chancellor for WA is the one who will be the WA Delegate.
Chancellor for Government takes care of the forum and the government and oversees the check and balance.
Chancellor for Roleplay is the SoC.

Back to top Go down
New Donkholme
Founder

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:32 am

OOH OOH ME.
I want to be Internal Affairs- what you said Osc- kicking off inactive members and being the WA rep.
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Looks like we're gravitating to two leaders, it's currently leading with 50% of the votes and it seems 6 of the 7 active members have voted.

Chairman Juri Nikonov
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 pm

2 as on TWO political leaders. Leave SoC out of voting elected officials.

I keep on saying my proposal because it doesn't seem to register. One Provisional leader for recruiting missions, and another for WA delegate census taker. That seems like a nice way to keep administrative things going in the land.

Other than that... is there any other proposals? I have heard KI's Chancellors idea, Ras's current system, and my system. Were there anything else in the thread that I did not catch?
Back to top Go down
Lenyo
Steward

Honorary Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
2 as on TWO political leaders. Leave SoC out of voting elected officials.

I keep on saying my proposal because it doesn't seem to register. One Provisional leader for recruiting missions, and another for WA delegate census taker. That seems like a nice way to keep administrative things going in the land.

Other than that... is there any other proposals? I have heard KI's Chancellors idea, Ras's current system, and my system. Were there anything else in the thread that I did not catch?
Let Donk be the WADCT. He can also be the recruiter. (WADCenT?)
That would be an adjusted KI system. The WA chancellor gains recruitment and inactivity-booting duties. (Donk as WADCENT)
Chancellor for the RP is the Steward of Culture, since Osc seems less than thrilled to redo laws. Same initialism.
And then we have the chancellor of the government. Done.
Back to top Go down
New Donkholme
Founder

Casual Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Here's what I think the consensus is:

Elected, voting officials:
1. WA Delegate, Census Taker
2. Gov't Administrator

Elected, non-voting official:
3. Secretary/Steward of Culture

Notes: I personally prefer Secretary of Culture over Steward.
I'd like WADCent to be called Internal Affairs. C:<
Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Well it's currently a three-way tie between Scaled to population, 2 leaders, and 3 leaders. We need scuddy to vote...

Chairman Juri Nikonov
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Oscalantine
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 am

Well....
I am changing my vote from 2 to three. I forgot that SoC was a leadership position.

Regardless, I am alright with that notion current at hand. What I don't like is WA having recruiting responsibilities as well. Firstly... we will need to refound Tiberiam Recruiter (since WA official cannot get out of the forum), and that is just too many thing a person is responsible for. We need separate recruiter and census taker, so it isn't overbearing on the part of people.

I second changing the name back to secretary. I'll have to make appropriate changes, but I'll simply make announcement that "Steward of Culture = Secretary of Culture). They both have culture at the end, so it should be fine, right? ^^

I am also indeed planning on passing on my role as SoC. I have few candidates that I will give "Tiberiam Culture Board" group to. They will have mod privileges (as if we all did not already have admin stuff...) and from there a candidate can be chosen. I probably wont' be running for this SoC election... but if no one wants to be SoC, I'll resume temporary role until next one is chosen... sort of as back-up SoC. That should be the role of SoC specified in the constitution. We can never have SoC position empty... so previous SoC, regardless of participating in the election or not, should continue SoC if no suitable candidate is elected.

Back to top Go down
Rasvidi
Steward

Advanced Roleplayer

PostSubject: Re: New Government   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:20 am

lol well now it's a tie between scaled and three, and all the active members have voted.

Hmm. What now?

Chairman Juri Nikonov
National Anthem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Government   

Back to top Go down

New Government
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next